Just try telling her. Whenever anything like this comes up mine knows me well enough and eventually will ask me in a sarcastic way, "...and you have to have this now, right?" I might get a huff, but I alway offer to let her come along for the ride with kids or without. Of course the problem is trying to get her to drive back so i can play with my new toy.
As I already posted earlier, i received my 8700c last week and have already had to deal with:
1. Are you still on that damn thing?
2. What are you doing on that damn thing?
3. What is the big deal about that damned thing?
4. What does that damn thing do that your old one (7290) doesn't?
5. Oh, that's cute. Why can't I get those type of ringtones on mine and are you going to get me one? (She also has a 7290 but is not an addict....yet!)