View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Weebs

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default BB doesn't always delete messages...

Please Login to Remove!

(BES on sbs 2k3)

I'm have a very weird and inconsistent problem with one of our 2 wireless users (the 2nd user doesn't handle his email the same as the 1st so I can't use him as a sounding board)

Anyways my CEO's blackberry (It's always the CEO's stuff that has problems in every company...) it randomly decides to not delete from the BB when a message is deleted in Outlook. Everything else seems to sync just fine.

The CEO will read a message then delete it if he decides it doesn't need to be saved. After deletion he will go up to the recycling bin, select all messages (ctrl + a), right click and delete. This process start to finish sometimes takes 5 - 10 seconds and doesn't hit a "send/receive". Sometimes it will delete from the phone and other times it won't. His reconcile options are set to delete on handheld and mailbox. Mailbox wins.

I have never been able to see a message delete from outlook and not from the BB. Every time I've tested it all seems to work flawlessly. It's very frustrating trying to trouble shoot a problem that can't be duplicated.

Any suggestions on what to look for? I'm hoping someone has a better answer than "Just a blackberry quirk that we all live to deal with".

Thanks in advance,
Weebs
Offline   Reply With Quote