View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Blackberry fiend
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 1
Exclamation Can I use the 8700 with prepaid sims?

Please Login to Remove!

I am currently a T-mobile customer (no longer locked into a contract) using a Blackberry 6710 over a BES. I am getting a Cingular 8700 because I attended the launch. I would like to play with the 8700 and evaluate Cingular coverage in my area before even considering changing plans. Cingular coverage in my area in the past has been poor. If it still poor I will just have my 8700 unlocked through Bongo and use it on T-mobile's network. If the coverage now is great I'll consider switching to Cingular because of the Edge coverage. My T-mobile phone and data rates are certainly better than Cingular's, however, so I want to make sure of coverage before I change anything.

My questions:
1) Will I be able to use Cingular GoPhone sims in my new Blackberry 8700, or other Cingular prepaid sims for phone coverage during my evaluation period?
2) If I am using one of these prepaid sims, will I still be able to connect to my BES and change the active device from my 6710 to my 8700 so that I can also check out email functionality?

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote