View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
GiantGuineaPig
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Default Migrating SQL Database to new server

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I'm struggling trying to migrate my BES SQL Database to a newer server.

I'm following the official instructions here:

blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03 112&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialog ID=34328712&stateId=0 0 34334201

(it won't let me post links)

I'm getting stuck at the step:

Step 4

Update the BlackBerry Configuration Database schema.

Important: If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software was installed to create a blank BlackBerry Configuration Database on a new Microsoft SQL Server instance, do not perform the following task because the schema has already been updated.

Download the installation package for the version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server being used.
Extract the contents of the installation package.
Copy the Database folder to the new Microsoft SQL Server.
Go to the Database folder and open the BESMgmt.cfg file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
Locate the DB_NAME=BESMgmt line and make sure that the name specified matches the BlackBerry Configuration Database name.
If you are using a named instance of Microsoft SQL Server, change the SERVER=local line to SERVER=<Microsoft_Server_Name>\ <instance_name> and close the file. Save the changes.
From a command prompt, go to the Database directory.
Type createdb.exe BESMgmt.cfg and press ENTER.
After the command has finished executing, close the command prompt.

Every combination of trying to run this command results in this error from the log file:

Result of call to BESDBInstaller: Problem trying to connect. See log

[20000] (02/26 11:19:10.974):{0xC90} COM Error 0x80004005 in ConnectionItem::ConnectToDB() - [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. - Unspecified error (connection string - Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=(local);Database=BESMgmt; uid=besadmin;pwd=)

I've tried using the sa account, the domain admin account, the besadmin account, and tried using local, the SQL name, ., and other variants.

Anyone got any ideas?

The new server is a SQL 2005 cluster, and running this off the active node.
Offline   Reply With Quote