(I also posted on howardforums)
I'm trying a 7130e as a possible replacement for my Nextel 7100i.
here are my observations after two days (I'm in the Chicago market):
1) From time to time, I've noticed the signal changes to 1X instead of 1XEV. If I turn the radio on and off again, it will come up as 1XEV. Apparently, when it gets in a poor signal area, it has trouble reverting back to the EV mode by itself.
2) On one occasion, the unit said "data connection refused" at the top - until I turned the radio off and on.
3) When I pair the unit with my Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset, the 7130 reboots itself about 40% of the time.
4) Battery life and voice quality is better than the 7100i.
5) The screen and plastic on the front look like they will scratch easily - time will tell.
6) The thumbwheel appears to be more "in-set" than some other blackberries I've used. It seems like my thumb is rubbing the case more than turning the wheel.