View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
How about a warning if user is modifying or deleting potentially dangerous files? IE: system files that may brick OS.
Actually instead of showing a warning I would simply not permit to delete such a file... I mean it would not make sense for any kind of app to allow to delete files that will break the underlying OS...

but I haven't found and kind of documentation that would contain any information about such files... -> so actually I assume all files that are visible via the API are more or less harmless to the OS... some of these files are flagged as "build In" - BBFileScout will let you know, when you try to delete such a file. Also the copy & move of DRM Content will be quoted with a warning... so actually from my point of view there is not much warnings left that I can integrate... If you know more - then I would highly appreciate to learn...

But still - use the delete or move function at your own risk... I am not taking any responsibility (but the worse scenario I could think of right now, is that you might be forced to RESET your OS)

Matthias