View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanfan
Actually, I did read through that thread. It appears, however, to be focused on getting MDS-like service without a MDS. I have MDS on my BES server, and I definately do not want to call Cingular and ask them to add some other stuff on my account (yet).
The thread above leads you to this other thread that contains this:

FIGURED IT OUT! WAP Access is included in BB Unlim Plan! - Cingular
Great NEWS!

Ok for all you guys with the Cingular Unlimited Data Plan's on a non-BES, you DO NOT, i repeat you DO NOT need to pay extra for WAP Access if you do have the unlimited data plan! I finally got through with a great cingular employee, whom I explained my whole story too, and she agreed and took care of it and fixed everything up and cleared up any confusion. Just call up Cingular's Blackberry Dept. and see if you can get Lucy Patton to help you out, that was her name. She'll help you out with everything you need, she totally understands the situation. The number to call is ..866-490-2666.

Man am i relieved now that I don't have to pay extra for something I already have. One huge headache cleared from my life heh.

Any questions feel free to PIN me..

I also just got an email from her saying that these settings will also work with the blackberry access point:
GPRS APN: blackberry.net
WAP gateway ip: 66.209.11.61
WAP gateway port: 9203

Have you tried that?

Running OS 6.0.0.524