View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeck
This so far seems to be the one complaint I have...and I seem to be having different results than everyone else. I got my 8700 today and gave it a full charge before starting to use it, and within 5-6 hours with light e-mail/internet usage and almost no phone calls I was already down to 60-70%.

This is no where near the battery life of my 7290 which could go for 2-3 days on a single charge with moderate-heavy use. I will try again over the next few days and I really hope it gets better. Don't want to have to lower the screen brightness below 50%.
I am repeatedly getting exceptional battery life. At first, it didn't appear to be very good and I was worried that my rushing to use the device without doing a full charge might prevent the battery from taking a full charge. I don't know if you used the charger or a USB port. I used a USB port as that gives it a trickle charge compared to what can be delivered from the wall or a car adaptor. I don't know if that would make any difference but you might try it.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535