View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
YoAdrienne

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Question Managing work vs personal data: BIS (desktop mgr) vs BES(wireless): Help please!

Please Login to Remove!

I need help, please, to get my contacts from my Blackberry (categorized under my work/BES Desktop) BACK onto my home PC (which was synched through home Outlook via Desktop Manager).
------
I TRIED to set up my AT&T Blackberry Bold so that it would 1) sync wirelessly (only; I do NOT use Desktop Mgr for work) with my work's enterprise server for BUSINESS mail, contacts, calendar and 2) sync via USB cable and Desktop Manager [configured to BIS and not BES] to my home computer's Outlook so I can have my PERSONAL contacts and addressbook ALSO on my blackberry.

I set up my home/personal accounts first. Desktop Manager self entitled my personal contacts as coming from "Desktop". Sync worked fine. Then I activated my enterprise account through wireless sync. It also entitled my contacts as "Desktop", but it is a SECOND name (i.e., I can see two different Desktop addressbooks ... they're named the same, but they are two different line items).

Everything seemed to be working fine until I (for the first time), tried to SYNC via the USB cable to my home computer to update some info from my Personal addressbook and calendar. I OVERWROTE all my personal contacts in Outlook (490 of them) with my business contacts (only 12 so far - new job ) from my blackberry (that is, it has replaced one "Desktop" with the other "Desktop"'s data). BOTH sets of contacts are still on my Blackberry (thank goodness).

Two questions:
1)MOST importantly - Does anyone know how to restore back to my home pc my personal contacts from my blackberry?

2) If at all possible, configure it so that I CAN sync from home PC to bberry via Desktop Manager and from work server to bberry via wireless so that I can have both sets of data, without one overwriting the other?

Thank you a million times over for your help!

Last edited by YoAdrienne : 03-03-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote