View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Doesn't it take less time to dial into VM then have an application download audio attachments?
No, it doesn't. At least not in my case. I got 7 voicemails while at an appointment yesterday. When I got out of the meeting, I opened the YouMail app (the one that I prefer) and they were all there downloaded and ready to listen to.

I was able to listen to them in the order that I wanted to because everyone was listed by name and phone number. I didn't listen to 2 personal messages until I was back on the road and my business was finished. If I had to dial in to listen I would have had to listen to them in order and I would have had to listen to a nearly 2 minute message (I don't skip messages because I find it cumbersome and difficult to navigate back to) from a family member before I could have listened to my more time sensitive messages. Aside from that, when listening to a message it is very easy to interrupt a message and back up to listen to another. Skipping around takes substantially more time on the old system.

Visual voicemail absolutely rocks and I can't imagine going back to plain old voicemail. I paid for a Pro account the minute that YouMail made it available and I am going to add transcriptions just to give them more money to stay afloat.

I tell everyone that I can about the service. I tried Message Sling, SpinVox or something like that and a few others. YouMail is the king of the hill.
Offline   Reply With Quote