View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
gpia7r

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default New 8900, few questions for you

Please Login to Remove!

Good Morning,

I'm now a proud new owner of my first Blackberry, the 8900. I was pretty amazed with it right out of the box, it's very crisp and bright.

I nabbed mine for $130 on Newegg, got the 300 anytime, free night/weekend, myfave voice plan with the Blackberry Unlimited +400 plan (cheapest available)

While I was under the impression I could make free calls on Wifi, I didn't realize that was another $10... but I doubt it'd matter, so I won't bother with that.

I do have a few questions though:

Could someone explain the "battery pull" term that gets tossed around here? Apparently not only is it a physical battery pull, but there are applications to emulate it? May I ask how "pulling the battery" occasionally improves the Blackberry? Definetly appreciate some clarification on this one.

Battery seems to be pretty good so far. I assume it's safe to just keep on the charger every night? I understand that modern batteries no longer "remember", and need to be cycled?

Lesse... While I don't really care/need the "Internet Anywhere" that's part of my BB Unlimited plan, can you name a couple of ways to take advantage of it so I don't feel like I'm wasting money?

Also, as part of the BB Unlimited yadda yadda plan... does that allow unlimited e-mails to be pushed to the device, for example, from a Hotmail or GMail account?

I was sent a couple of picture messages, but they just redirected me to the my.t-mobile.com website to view them in my album. Please tell me this device can directly receive images without having to go to a computer... that wouldn't make sense....

As a side note, I have to say I'm pretty happy with t-mobile's customer service. They're always available and very friendly on the phone (can't say the same for their e-mail and online chat service...)

Edit: Also, what are good measures and practices to preserve the battery life? I've got Bluetooth and Wifi turned off, is there anything esle I can do?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by gpia7r : 03-10-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote