View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default New 8900, few questions for you

Please Login to Remove!

Good Morning,

I'm now a proud new owner of my first Blackberry, the 8900. I was pretty amazed with it right out of the box, it's very crisp and bright.

I nabbed mine for $130 on Newegg, got the 300 anytime, free night/weekend, myfave voice plan with the Blackberry Unlimited +400 plan (cheapest available)

While I was under the impression I could make free calls on Wifi, I didn't realize that was another $10... but I doubt it'd matter, so I won't bother with that.

I do have a few questions though:

Could someone explain the "battery pull" term that gets tossed around here? Apparently not only is it a physical battery pull, but there are applications to emulate it? May I ask how "pulling the battery" occasionally improves the Blackberry? Definetly appreciate some clarification on this one.

Battery seems to be pretty good so far. I assume it's safe to just keep on the charger every night? I understand that modern batteries no longer "remember", and need to be cycled?

Lesse... While I don't really care/need the "Internet Anywhere" that's part of my BB Unlimited plan, can you name a couple of ways to take advantage of it so I don't feel like I'm wasting money?

Also, as part of the BB Unlimited yadda yadda plan... does that allow unlimited e-mails to be pushed to the device, for example, from a Hotmail or GMail account?

I was sent a couple of picture messages, but they just redirected me to the website to view them in my album. Please tell me this device can directly receive images without having to go to a computer... that wouldn't make sense....

As a side note, I have to say I'm pretty happy with t-mobile's customer service. They're always available and very friendly on the phone (can't say the same for their e-mail and online chat service...)

Edit: Also, what are good measures and practices to preserve the battery life? I've got Bluetooth and Wifi turned off, is there anything esle I can do?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by gpia7r : 03-10-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote