View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpia7r View Post
Could someone explain the "battery pull" term that gets tossed around here? Apparently not only is it a physical battery pull, but there are applications to emulate it? May I ask how "pulling the battery" occasionally improves the Blackberry? Definetly appreciate some clarification on this one.
A battery pull is exactly that, pull the battery for 10-15 seconds and put it back in to reset the device fully (including memory). There are apps that emulate a battery pull, but research has shown nothing beats a true battery pull to get a fully refreshed/reset device.

Quote:
Battery seems to be pretty good so far. I assume it's safe to just keep on the charger every night?
Yes

Quote:
Lesse... While I don't really care/need the "Internet Anywhere" that's part of my BB Unlimited plan, can you name a couple of ways to take advantage of it so I don't feel like I'm wasting money?
Viigo (RSS/news reader) and Bolt Browser

Quote:
Also, as part of the BB Unlimited yadda yadda plan... does that allow unlimited e-mails to be pushed to the device, for example, from a Hotmail or GMail account?
There is a limit on BIS servers for the number of email accounts, but not the number of emails.

Quote:
I was sent a couple of picture messages, but they just redirected me to the my.t-mobile.com website to view them in my album. Please tell me this device can directly receive images without having to go to a computer... that wouldn't make sense....
This I am not sure of, or how MMS works on T-Mobile, but would recommend you have MMS enabled on your account at the least. Others will have more info on this.