| | BlackBerry 7520 507 Error -Tried Everything....
Please Login to Remove!
This is exactly what I tried so far:
1) Installed Desktop Manager 4.7 from the Blackberry Website
2) Installed OS version 220.127.116.114 from the "Software Download for Nextel Communications Inc." download page for the 7520
3) Connected BB to computer. It shows the hourglass for around 5-6 seconds, and gives a 507 error.
4) I went to update. It asked me for the password, which I entered.
5) It asked which software to install. I just chose BB 3.1 System Software, Core apps and phone (version 4.1).
6) Connection to ROM (almost instantaneous, Erasing Applications (around 20 secs), Loading system software (around 20 secs), Waiting for device initialization (15 secs), the 507 error appears, uploading RAM image, connection to boot ROM (hangs for around 10 seconds)
And I get an error "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again"
OK...so I tried to use Jl_Cmdr 1.9.1.
1) Press the key to continue
2) Y my bb has a password, entered password
3) Pressed 4 for wipe. Y I want to continue, typed blackberry. 1 second later goes back to that screen. 507.
4) Tried the Update again. Same exact thing happened as above.
Then I tried this on my other comp (my current one runs windows 7, the other runs xp). Same thing happened...Tried doing that fix....disabled power off on all the hubs
1. On your computer, click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, double-click the System icon. The System Properties window opens.
3. Click the Hardware tab of the System Properties and click Device Manager.
4. In the Device Manager, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
5. Right-click the first USB root hub, and click Properties.
6. In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
7. Clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
8. Repeat for all other USB root hubs.
9. Restart your computer.
After that I went into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and did:
went through the screens...and I noticed a few things:
1) Where it said "Blackberry 4.1 System Software" the action was UPDATE
2) Even though I just selected the bare minimum (phone, system software, core apps) it gave an error "This device does not have sufficient storage..."
3) Tried doing loader.exe (without /nojvm). It did the same thing as with the desktop manager...but now gave an error "
Unable to communicate with the radio hardware. Please ensure that a charged battery is installed in the device and try the loading operation again. [P:0x0000000F]"
So what do you recommend I do?