View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Default USB Modem or Tethering??

Please Login to Remove!

My dad is with ATT (Pearl) and yesterday he purchased a laptop and was also suckered into getting a USB Modem through Verizon. He got the modem for free but will be paying $60/month for the service for 5gb plan. I am with sprint and my curve has the tethering service for only $15 extra a month on my plan, according to them is unlimited. Should my dad have just added the tethering service to his plan instead of paying for the $60 service? While the salesman at Bestbuy was suckering him in, I brought up the tethering service that ATT has available but the guy totally through all negatives towards that option in favor of the USB modem. He says that you will get cut-off while online if someone calls. I use my tethering service while out of town and am happy with it. I admit its not as fast as the USB Modem but its fast enough to surf the web and do what I need to do.

My dad has 30 days and if he is unhappy with it, he can return the modem and cancel the contract, no questions. I'm just trying to save him some money. Is the USB modem service worth the $60 compared to the add-on of the tethering option?? He plans to use this as a dedicated connection to the internet instead of subscribing to home internet service.

Offline   Reply With Quote