View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
sorka

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Here is my original post with the description of the problem and my questions. I've edited out the part about the stolen phone as that wasn't part of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
The problem is that if I send a PIN message to her Curve and it is off, the message sits there waiting to be delivered. If the Curve is off or out of range for a short period of time, like say 5 minutes or so, the message is eventually delivered when it goes back into range or turned back on.

However, if the phone is off for longer than that, any messages that got queued up, stay queued up forever even after the phone is turned back on. I can send new messages when the phone is on and they go through immediately, but the previously sent ones stay undelivered and a D never shows up next to them.

10 years ago, when we got our first RIM 950 pagers, this is the one feature that was really cool. If a message couldn't be delivered because the pager was out of range, once it got back into range, it would be delivered even if it was weeks later.

Additionally, on those old pagers, you could get an audible notifcation of delivery and read status's as well as delivery and read times.

The current PIN messaging doesn't do any of that. You only get time sent, D, and R(but not times or sounds).

Are there any solutions to any of these issues? The PIN to PIN delivery failure is mind boggling as that is THE defining feature of PIN mesaging.
Offline   Reply With Quote