View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default VirtualRadio

I've been trying some internet radio programs for my Curve 8320 as possible, during the past week. Preliminary report:

iheartradio -- not available for T-mobile.

pandora -- works well for music. News and talk not supported, which is of course not what Pandora's all about.

FlyCast -- very promising, but I found a lot of stations wouldn't play. Over Edge, the buffering time was very lengthy. I couldn't get the CNN hourly updates to play, but I could get the Bill Maher episodes, which was pretty cool.

VirtualRadio -- (From wap.getjar.com) works pretty well, even on Edge. The selection of stations is huge, and it includes non-US stations, which is something I like. The interface, however, isn't adapted for the Blackberry. There's no ready way to back up out of menus; the "back" and "exit" and "options" choices are on the screen, but you can't scroll to them or use them in any other way that I've found yet. And you can't bookmark a station, which can be annoying when you have this many stations to get lost in.

I'd like to hear others' experiences with FlyCast and VirtualRadio--especially if anyone has found a way to get VirtualRadio's interface to work right.

ubizmo
Offline   Reply With Quote