View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
dizzle247
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Default Security, GPS, and data questions - Sprint PCS 8330

Please Login to Remove!

i recently just had my brand spanking new 8330 stolen the other weekend (thank god for insurance). I had signed up to latitude with google maps and was able to track my phone for the couple of days that the battery was still installed on the device.

The device was password protected, but obviously even after 10 tries, you can wipe the device clean.

Are there any apps out there that I would be able to purchase/download/free to my CDMA curve that would allow me to nuke the phone at my command? And also a way to be able to track the GPS signal from the device at all times? I know that roblock is a good program but it is meant to be used with GSM phones to alert the owner when a sim card replacement has been done.

i've tried searching the forum for the past couple of days but i haven't been able to find a solid answer to what i'm looking for. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue at hand.

Also, i know that with "3G" GSM devices, you are able to surf the web while on a phone call with someone. Is it not the same for CDMA 3G? Why is that? I'm new to the CDMA world and i'm relearning the technology all over again. Some helpful insight would work! Thanks yo!
Since when did these things get so freaking advanced?!
Offline   Reply With Quote