I'm pretty sure there are apps in the iPhone that are so esoteric you won't find them in the Blackberry or anywhere, not even in Windows Mobile.
1. Air Search. Basically turns the iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless network drive. Lets you drag and drop files into the device from the PC, Mac, or Linux PC. Without any cable. PC needs Wifi NIC or just be connected to a wifi router.
2. Applications that turn the iPhone or iPod Touch into a remote wireless mouse pad. By moving your finger across the screen, the mouse pointer in your Mac or PC moves along with it.
3. Anti Mosquito software. That's right. It generates sounds beyond the human range of hearing in order to drive mosquitoes away.
4. Spectrum Analyzers. Yes, they will analyze sound patterns and display the waveforms on the screen for real time. For professional audiophiles.
5. International News Readers. The iPHone or iPod Touch is now so prevalent internationally, you can get an application that specializes in something like, news for your Pinoys out there.
7. An application that lets you control iTunes remotely. This is from Apple.
8. Gag software. You must already heard of the applications that turn the iPhone into a light saber, with all the star wars sounds everytime you swing the iPhone. One gag software makes the display looks like a glass of beer. Tilt the phone to sip, ahake the phone and foam will appear.
9. Pet software. Like those that make all sorts of cat or dog sounds so you can either communicate or annoy your pet.
10. Zen software. Intended to create all sorts of special moods through graphics and sounds. Example is the program called Chakra Tuning.