Thread: AT&T or Verizon
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
DZD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Doesn't matter what I would choose (Plano != Houston). You need to assess coverage where you need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
takeshi's exactly correct. So far I see answers in this thread from Houston, Los Angeles and middle Tennessee; among others - recommending a carrier. None of those answers are relevant or at all useful to you. Coverage where you live, work and often travel to are the only relevant things here. I'm in Plano, like you. I've had AT&T-Cingular-AT&T service for over 15 years now, and am very happy with the coverage I get - and I've heavily traveled all over the country on business also. I see answers talking about better "rural" coverage. The obvious question there is - where do you go very often where its "rural"? If you do go regularly to somewhere "rural", try to find out how the coverage is there - otherwise, its totally irrelevant!
Coverage is typically not an issue - although it seems that Verizon does have better coverage in the Carolinas and South Florida based on my experience.

So - disregard coverage - how about speed? Based on some input and some research I've done, it seems that Verizon has a higher speed. One downer is the locked GPS someone mentioned. Any other reasons to choose one over the other?

Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote