View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel
Post Thanks: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion008a View Post
Our existing bes server is 4.0.1 and domino 6.5.4. (will be shutting down, replace a new machine)

i have got ready another new bes server loaded with 4.1sp6 and domino 6.5.4.

Can i move the existing besmgmt db in 4.0.1 version to the new server with 4.1.sp6 version using the restore command?
I hope you have not done so. The answer is NO; the reason being that the database schema for your 4.0.7 is DIFFERENT from your 4.1.6 in the BESMGMT SQL database. What you can do is upgrade your old box to 4.1sp6, then use the cutover KB article. This will involves modifying the database tables and it is advisable to get yourself a SQL guy to work along with you during the cutover.

Article Title: How to perform a cutover to another BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino environment
Article Number: KB04261
Link: View Document

Also do not be AMBIOUS during the cutover e.g. include other tasks like Domino upgrade, shifting your BlackBerry Router to a remote computer. If anything fails, you can trust that you will not be able to pin point where went wrong should any misfortune falls on your upgrade. I have seen too many of this

Lastly, do not forgot to BACKUP, BACKUP and BACKUP your live BESMGMT database as well as the Domino BES folder.