Originally Posted by rich-55
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I am new here, and the amount of information is staggering.
I just got the Blackberry 8900
The Wi-Fi and UMA worked for maybe 2 hours, then it stopped working.
My laptop is still running on Wi-Fi, so I know my router is pumping out a wireless signal.
My Blackberry sees the network (Wi-Fi Connections, Saved Wi-Fi Profiles... I see the network).
When I scan for networks (as in trying to create a new connection), it sees my network (Saved), when I hit 'connect', it says: "Unable To Connect, Reason: Failed to obtain an IP address"
My old phone had UMA, and was able to connect UMA to my router no problem, but for some reason, with Wi-Fi and UMA it doesn't work? Or is it something wrong with my phone?
Thank you! I'm so sorry if I'm being an annoying noob.
I have had the same issues when I started to use Wi Fi.
Rogers indicated that the sim card's middle numbers should be in the 4000 range to be a optimum blackberry sim card for connectivity. Mine was 3800
Browser configuration in the browser need to have the browser identification changed from blackberry to internet explorer. The browser setting under tools and then Advanced settings needs to have the default browser configuration changed to hotspot browser. This has all worked thus far. When you leave the UMA range, due to network limitations, it is suggested that the wifi connection be disabled as that may prevent a proper data connection at times. This is all per Rogers tech support...