View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Scimitar19

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Email Options Questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all, I'm new here, I just got my wife and myself new blackberry's. So we are both first time users.

We love them so far, and I have been able to figure out most things, but there are a few questions that I could not find direct answers to useing search.

Okay. So my question is this. I have two email accounts setup. Just normal, and they are not enterprise as far as I know. This leaves me with two email icons on my home screen. Groovy..all is as it should be. If I click on Email 1 it opens up and I see a list of emails. Also cool. If I click the BB button and select options under "email settings" and "email reconciliation" they have drop downs for my accounts.

Naturally I assume that I should have this set specifically for each account. But that doesn't seem to be the case. If I change those drop downs to Email 1 to match, then save. Drop back to the home screen and click on Email 2 -> BB -> Options ->Email Settings/Email Reconciliation then it shows Email 1.

Is this some shared setting? It doesn't seem to have an effect, but I can't really find a clear answer. The only thing I can think of is that it is in fact a single setting that I have access to from both accounts. If that is the case...what does this do?

So...anyways, sorry for the long post. Just looking for a sanity check so I can get my head around it.

Thanks for the help, this seems like a great community from the posts i've read.

Thanks,
Joshua
Offline   Reply With Quote