View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #84 (permalink)
pomc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCrack View Post
My company wants to send me, all expenses paid, to a 5 star resort where the service and facilities are beyond great..... be wined and dined with 5,000 of the most awesomely fun herd of I.T. nerds.....and all I have to do is make sure I show up! How great is that!

I stayed off site last year and found it to be very tiring going back and forth and lugging around all my stuff during the day. Even having a car - it was a pain because it was such a looong walk thru the parking lot.
Looking forward to sleeping in a little longer in the morning and being able to leave and pick up things from my room as I need it. Perhaps even take a nap!

IMHO It's worth the price of admission to be at the Marriott.
Perhaps if my family was going with me I'd consider renting a house.....
Nahhh! They like being pampered just as much as me.
I agree though - if you're footing the bill for your family, a house rental would be easier on the budget.

Just my 2 cents

I wasn't that impressed with the Marriott when I stayed there a few years ago at another conference. Unless you have a nice suite, there's nothing special about the hotel room IMO. I just completed the rental deal and have a private heated pool and jacuzzi at the 5BR, 3BA house. I enjoy being able to spread out and relax and since I'm bringing the kids, this works out much better than everyone being cramped in a hotel room.

Only thing I'll need to "lug" with me is my BlackBerry.

Last edited by pomc : 04-08-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote