View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
nc-chris
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32cd3f7a
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Status report: My experience with Exchange My Mail.

So, I'm already spending a fortune this device and thought I'd go ahead and try out the hosted Exchange and BES services, mainly because of this site. I wanted to share my experiences.

Nutshell: Would I recommend this company? Absolutely.

I added a standard 100MB account and BES services today. The links and documentation were good, and I was able to get my own account going within 3 or 4 minutes. I wanted some customization done as regards which attributes were "public" to the peeps on that Exchange server. A note to the support link got me a practically instantaneous response from the famous Dave who took are of changing my display name and designating a new From: address.

Next came BES. Again, the instructions were very clear and the activation went cleanly except for one glitch. I don't know if it is a 7100i issue or what, but there was a glitch where BES went live and sychronized everything *except* my Inbox. After a couple of intuitive troubleshooting steps, Dave asked if it was OK if he called me. He called within 5 minutes and had a RIM support technician conferenced in on the call. The problem was solved in less than 2 minutes. The issue seemed to be a known issue with RIM/BB, not with a problem with the provision of the account by Exchange My Mail.

I have to say, as someone in the IT industry who has managed help desk operations, I was very impressed with how thorough and responsive they have been so far. As someone who has been burned out on support operations... be careful Dave!

I have no complaints so far, although I can see disk space becoming an issue. I do wish the default disk space was 200MB (or at least mine - hint! hint!) with cheaper options for upgrades. Darned that Yahoo and Google for getting us used to no quotas... Hope this helps.

Chris