View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #39 (permalink)
ksc6000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Post Thanks: 0

I see real potential for this browser. I think Opera Mini is still better overall, but the fact that this browser can open sites that Opera Mini and BB browser absolutely fail at is the best thing For me those sites are blackboard.wayne.edu, my michigan state email, my bank website, GOOGLE DOCS (can't believe it's able to do open this AND edit the documents), skype.com. I don't understand why it can open these sites and Opera Mini can....but I really hope they keep this functionality in when they release the final.

But there are so many bugs, how it gets stuck on pages at 20% loading, and then it won't let you hit "Stop" or go to another page, you have to exit the browser completely. Or how once it gets an error accidentally on a site, it will keep getting the error even though the connection is restored. The scrolling isn't quite smooth yet, it's not bad, but if you move with the trackball, often it won't do anything for half a second, making you think your input didn't register, and then suddenly it'll move. The fonts looks absolutely terrible.

Is there any way to get on a mailing list for when they drop the final release?
Offline   Reply With Quote