| | Newbie Help Needed: WiFi
Please Login to Remove!
Ok, new to the 8900. My service provider is Cincinnati Bell, and my wireless network is set up using a 2wire modem through at&t. I called 2wire to make sure everything was ok, told the tech that I had two computers on wifi, and when I connect with my blackberry, I lose signal. He said everything looked good, yet boosted my power from 4 to 10.. and changed the channel.
Problem still exists.
So, this is the issue. Wifi seems to work fine at work using the WiFi there. When I come home, and login to my home network, I lose WiFi very often, and UMA doesn't stay on for long.
1. I have my network preferences set to " Wifi Preferred"
2. I set up new wifi, my blackberry recognizes my wifi router, and I type in the key code.
3. Everything says successful
4. 5-10 mins later... wifi becomes grayed out... and the EDGE logo picks back up
5. I am running app version 220.127.116.11 (217)
I am about 20 feet away from the router at the moment... my phone just had EDGE logo showing, and the wifi was fully bright... but no UMA... and I am sure in a few minutes UMA will pop up.. but usually both wifi and UMA will fall out.
Any suggestions? Is 18.104.22.168 known to have any issues?