View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB
I'm going through the same decision right now. I played with both today, and I am still undecided. I'm a current Verizon customer, and I would have to break my contract to get into the 8700c.

Overall, I think I prefer the 8700c, but I'm not sure its worth switching over to Cingular. It's more slim than the 7130e, with the bigger screen, plus a full QWERTY keyboard - which I think I really prefer. The advantages of the 7130 are the faster EVDO network, the ability to hook up to my laptop for a modem, and I would not need to pay to get out of my verizon contract.

I'm still up in the air. I wish I had more concrete news that the 8700 was coming to Verizon in the next month or two, then I would just get the 7130 in the time being. However, I fear Verizon won't get the 8700 until next summer.
From everything I've read the 8700 on VZW is probably not going to happen until summer 2006. I got my 7130e on 12/1 and I love the new features (EVDO, wonderful screen, getting used to SureType). I too prefer the full keyboard since I do more email than phone. But the Send/End keys for phone operation is what works best (hated the 7250 ESC key hangin up incoming calls).

If/when VZW releases an 8700 I will most likey switch.