View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
InjenCorp

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Resolution Issues on Desktop Manager Start up

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Everyone,

I'm having issues helping a friend of the family setup his Blackberry Storm 9530 smartphone so that he can sync it with his pc. Mainly to sync with outlook express. He was having issues installing the Blackberry Desktop Manager and contacted me to help get through the installation. Once I solved the issue with the installation problem and got Desktop Manager installed, Another issues has come up. I've hunted everywhere and can't find a solution. Unless I'm searching for the wrong stuff.

So here is the deal. After installing the application Desktop Manager 4.7 and starting the application, the monitor blacks out and comes back instantly. Upon it blinking off then on the computers color quality changes from 32 bits to 8 bit (low). The whole pc changes to strange coloring. Once closing the Desktop Manager the color returns to normal however the pc under Display Properties stays at 8 bits and I then have to change it back to Highest (32 bit). This happens every time I start the application.

I've since then done a complete wipe of Desktop Manager/RIM including the registry keys etc etc and reinstalled. I've also wiped it out and tried several version of Desktop Manager and still come up with the same problem.

Has anyone had this issue before? If So Please Help!

Also the pc is using Windows XP with Service Pack 3 if that information is needed.

Thanks,
InjenCorp
Offline   Reply With Quote