Guys, I've messed up bad - real bad I think, and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to rectify my mistake. I'm hoping you guys will tell me I'm wrong though!
Basically I haven't been able to open attachments in e-mails recently (mainly jpegs), even though I could before in the 2 months I've had the phone. I suspect it might have been following an update I done with my BB via the BB desktop programme. I called 02 and they said I would need to uninstall the BB Attachment Service and reinstall it again - then that should sort the problem. Only it didn't, and after installing it again I could not even get the option in my menu to try and open any attachments.
So, and here's where things got majorly wrong, I decided to do a restore "thinking" that it would just put the applications on there that were on at the date of the saved restore. I went back to March but then noticed I had lost everything pretty much. So then I done another restore for the other file that was on my laptop, for April.
Doing this has left me with the following problems. I'm hoping I won't discover anymore.
- Lost and very important text messages
- Lost and very important e-mails
- Having the option to open attachments in e-mails, but still not actually being able to open them. It just times out after a while. **This was the route of the problem that I was trying to resolve which has resulted in all of this!**
- I cleaned up my hotmail account on my laptop last night, but then when I checked my BB all the messages are still there which I've already deleted on my laptop. Before if I deleted an e-mail from hotmail on my laptop, it would also do the same on my BB. Not now though. Not happy!
- I am receiving e-mails now but the new ones are not being shown on the same account as before. It's hard to explain this one, but basically on my BB screen I have 3 envelopes, 1 'messages' , 2 ' ……@02email.co.uk' and 3 '………..@hotmail.com'. When I had a new e-mail before it would indicate on number 1 and 3, but now it is just indicating on 1 - even though the mail still seems to be in 3 as well. Just thought this might be another reason why everything has gone a bit tits up!
- The layout on my BB menu is now different, and although I can't tell you what, it seems like an icon is missing, as things definitely aren't how I remembered them layout wise, and I've never rearranged them previously.
- I have lost so many important notes I had made in my memo pad in applications, all of which is information I can never get back again. So I feel like crying when I think I've lost it all for good.
Please please please Is there any way I can rectify all of this and be partially happy again!?
Thank you so much for your help in advance!