View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
rbsti
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Post Thanks: 0
Default I go head on with Cingular on the Dust Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not one for long babbling posts so I'll keep it short and sweet. As the other thread on this topic has shown many of us are having problems with dust under the screen on our new 8700c's. I went to my local Cingular store to get another but since I returned a HP 6515 for the Blackberry they told me I should go to warranty dept at Cingular. After 45 minutes on the phone and a heated exchange with a customer service rep who would not give me her supervisor and who had accused me of water damaging the phone I had her switch me over to blackberry. After navigating there voice mail menu I finally got a helpful chap who was concerned with the dust and said he would call cingular and tell them to take the phone back.
Another 45 min of back and forth with warranty returns and low and behold they dont have one to send me. They call the store and tell them to give me one but they refuse. Why they would refuse when they are being compensated for it is beyond me. After more apoligies and another 30 minutes she decides to have her manager call around some other local stores and says she will call me back.
30 minuts later she calls me back and gives me the good news that a local store that will be getting a shipment thursday will do the exchange. I warn her that alot of people are complaining about this so get ready.
I call the other local store to make sure we are on the same page and I get a rude assistant manager who says they will give me the phone if its what I say it is and not some other type of damage, I ask him why he would say that since he has already been givin the authorization? He basically tells me that maybe I'm full of sh*t and he wants to see it. Ok I say I'll see you thursday and if the phone has dust in it you can give me a new one and shove this one up your arse.

I'm not spending 400 bucks on a phone that has dust specs all over it a week after I get it, and then have to get abused to boot. I hope msft gets there act together with the palm 700 and push email soon.