View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Even though I am fortunate not to have bought one, and if you recalled in earlier posts I said waiting was the prudent thing to do, the way I feel is for this kind of money you are right in complaining and getting the unit exchanged, and not only once but as many times as it takes for them to do something all around. It is unfortunate that this happened, but if proper steps had been taken and testing through a better procedure had taken place this would have been spotted and prevented. To release a unit for the consumer to be the tester is a BAD IDEA. I realize all the pluses this unit has over the current crop of BBs but I work hard for my money, I dont mind spending it on something that will make my life easier, but I will be darned if I am going to sit idly by and hope that they rectify the problem.. In the long run I know RIM will stand by their product but the more noise is made about the issue the quicker it will be solved. I am sure that RIM will have either Insurance or be able to hold the manufacturer accountable for the problem.

Running OS 6.0.0.524