View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
chinatti
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default A few 7130e/VZW email questions

Please Login to Remove!

I'm thinking about buying a 7130e from verizon, and I had a few questions about the email support. I have three potential email sources (I may or may not use all three) - personal email, and two work emails. One of the work emails would be BES-based. The other work email is currently not BES based, and I use Outlook, but it is not an exchange server (it uses POP3). Home email is Yahoo mail. There are several scenarios that I might end up in, and I may or may not use all three accounts with the BB.

Questions are:
1) Can I use the desktop redirector with the Outlook/POP3 work email, or does it have to be Outlook/ExchangeServer?
2) If the second work email were to upgrade to Exchange/BES, could I support more than one BES account (i.e. both work emails) from a single 7130e?
3) If the second work email stays as Outlook/POP3, is there any way to configure the 7130e to allow me to select the account that I want to use when sending outgoing email (i.e. set the "From:" or "Reply-To:" fields to my work/home email address based on my selection when I compose the message)? Are outgoing emails sent only through the VZW/Blackberry server, or can I configure them to route through my work/home SMTP servers (both of which requires user authentication)?

Thanks in advance...