View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
szumlanski
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Post Thanks: 0
Default Cingular never learned to share as a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsti
. They call the store and tell them to give me one but they refuse. Why they would refuse when they are being compensated for it is beyond me.
Why? Because Cingular's many departments do no play nice with one another. Thier myriad of departments have thier own stock of hardware, and thier system is not set up to share. Not good.

[Start off-topic rant now]

I can somewhat understand the problem with retail stores not sharing thier stock with customer service. However, when you call and try to migrate from AT&T, and the migration team can't even get a phone from regular customer service, something is broken in the system (as I understand it, the web store has its own stock also). Especially when you are willing to pay full price for the phone, migrate to a voice plan with a worse deal, upgrade to the unlimited data plan, all just to get the new device. Come on! There has to be a lot of AT&T Blackberry users who want a new device and to migrate to Cingular, despite the lower mins/$ being offered. How can the migration team have no "stock" of the new devices?