View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
MobileMind
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telekom.de
Post Thanks: 1

[quote=misterbulldog;1383819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
Unfortunately you are unlikely to get that information anywhere before you'll get it from RIM - RIM are notoriously "quiet" about their major infrastructure outages. QUOTE]

I had my first encounter of this type with RIM last week. We were having problems provisioning devices so I called the VZW. (VZW activations for us usually run very smooth). They said it wasn't them. I called RIM. They said it wasn't them. I called VZW again and one of the technicians said it was RIM and gave me a ticket number they had opened with RIM for the issue. I called RIM again and told the tech I had a VZW ticket number for the issue. He snickered and asked for the ticket number. He put me on hold and then came back and verified that there was a problem.

This was the first time I was aware of RIM withholding important information from their customers. At least now I understand the game.
Tried to phone RIM and got all the way to "service outage information" to receive an automatic information announcement "there are no outages at this time". This is of course true but does not help me find out what happened last night. Wrote email instead in the end.

Sometimes no information or deliberate cover up just creates suspicion about major #### ups.
Offline   Reply With Quote