View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
o2mpx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint and ATT
Post Thanks: 0

Very nicely written review. Completely agree.

I use an iphone during weekends, and when traveling so I can listen to podcasts, music and view videos on planes. During the week, it's Pearl 8120.

I've tried many other devices, trying to upgrade and just wanting a change as I've used a Pearl since 8100 then now 8120. Nokia E71/E63/E75, Palm Centro Pro, BB Storm 9500/Pearl Flip, but always came back to the Pearl for its small size and larger keys for ease of typing. The iphone main flaw is keyboard, for business email, and my volume is roughly 20-40 a day, the virtual keyboard lacks the tactile confirmation. The Storm had the tactile but was very heavy and weighed down in my pant pocket. The Nokia's all had keyboards, but again, suffered from weight, and their keyboards are nowhere near as easy to type as the larger, since there are 2 letters to a key, Pearl suretype.

I just ordered a Curve on eBay, it'll be my second try at it. The last one I had tried for about a week, and since the keys were smaller than the Pearl's, perhaps I didn't use it long enough during the less than a week's trial, as it was ordered for someone else at work. Hope it works this time after I give it more time.

Last edited by o2mpx : 05-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote