View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
orangepit

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0

I wholeheartedly agree with your comments. Nicely written and sums up the pros and cons of the phone quite well. Being a long-time Nokia, Motorola, and WinMobile Devices, recently switched to BB (8900), I find the phone very pleasurable to use.

There's a but coming...

I'm rather astonished at the rather poor implementation of message notification management at this point in the development of blackberries. I work in an environment that relies on VM as much as e-mail and text messaging, yet there's no practical way to distinguish an incoming Voicemail aside from getting the standard text message stating such receipt. Why can't RIM add a "voicemail" feature to the tone profiles is beyond me. No other phone I've used - EVER - had a missing audible VM notification system. None! Rather baffling that RIM doesn't address this issue.

Regardless, the phone is a very nice unit and very capable as well. It suits my needs but there's much to get used to in terms of the VM issue (I find myself missing VM's on a regular basis - sometimes dealing with irrate clients that believe I'm purposefully ignoring their voicemail messages).

Ah well.
Offline   Reply With Quote