View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post

4: EDGE, EDGE, EDGE, where have you gone? Ok it's apparent that at&t is seriously phasing out EDGE. Reason I say this, My original 8700, 8800, 8300, Pearl- all ran on edge without hardly any hiccups at all, especially the later models. However, after a few days of getting used to it again, I'll say this, EDGE is much slower then it was previously! This is all on purpose by at&t, they are cutting back on EDGE service as I type this. Very Very soon, they will be fully devoted to 3G, and eventually 4G down the line. My question is this, why on earth release this 8900 then? Why not just wait for the ONYX to drop (Which is soon I hear). Honest, my coverage is not nearly as good as it was with my previous Berries running on EDGE.
Interesting....so I guess you are pretty much hosed no matter what on AT&T right now. I guess while they are transitioning from EDGE to 3G coverage is going to be spotty for both. Overall my 3G coverage is pretty good in NYC - but I certainly would expect it to be. I guess my concern may have been a valid one.

Agree the Onyx could be the perfect device.
Offline   Reply With Quote