Thread: New from GA
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
dblaneyfan

Model: 8330
PIN: ATM or credit card?
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseYo View Post
Hi, I don't quite own a Blackberry yet, but have a few questions and have found some answers here. I guess I'm newer than a newbie. My carrier is Alltel, and when my old phone died in late February, the day prior to an out of state trip for work, I had to quickly get another and signed a new contract. I asked if the LG Scoop had email and was told yes, bought it. Anyway, I discovered it wasn't what I thought, but waited too long to take it back. So I'm currently looking for a Blackberry through Ebay or elsewhere, since Alltel wants over $500 to sell me one. They said I could buy one and activate it, and change the plan to a data one. That will teach me not to research all alternatives to begin with!

I've about decided on the Curve 8330, and found a new one on Ebay for
$239. Does that seem like a decent price? I'm a bit scared of a used one, not knowing what I'd be getting. Plus, most of the used ones go for almost as much. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
How about this, cancel your contract for $175.00 (at least, that is what it is for Verizon). Go to Verizon and buy a Curve for $49.99.

$224.99 total at that point.