View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueliar2k View Post
I recently switched from blackberry storm (which was working fine with my BES services) to Bold.
However, as soon as I switched the problem started. I never got to the enterprise activation step. Whenever I do enterprise activation I get "an error occured while sending activation transmission". My service provider did a lot of things to work it out, but nothing helped.
I called up RIM for more support and they said that my new device isn't provisioned correctly.
I told this to my service provider, but he said that he never heard of provisioning device. They only provision the SIM, which they did in this case. He seems to be right, because I never gave them my PIN or IMEI for storm when it was activated by them.
any how, to cut it short, i searched a lot on the internet about provisioning devices (bold) with enterprise services, but I didn't get any help. Everywhere it says that device must be provisioned, but how to do it, it's not mentioned any where.

if I do "register now" in TCP/IP area for my service provider, it sends an email and I see an email in my mail box (bold) from Blackberry with subject registration, saying that your hand-held has been registered with the wireless network.

Can some body help me here to get my bold working?

I have been trying since a month now with no success. I would appreciate if any one can help here.

PIN for my device is 208F6D35.
You're missing a very critical step.
In order to activate your device on a BES, you need to contact your BES administrator and have them set an activation password for you.

If you're not the BES administrator, then there's no way you'll ever activate on a BES via Enterprise Activation on your own.
Offline   Reply With Quote