View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
bigmdime
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Why is there so little 3rd party softare for the BB? Just switched from the Treo...

Please Login to Remove!

and i have to say i'm shocked at how little quality software is out there. I switched from a Treo and there's endless high quality software for that device (wish I could say the same for the treo's stability). If you've ever used software like agendus, documents to go, vindigo, zlauncher and others on the treo, you know that the quality of the applications is incredible. I am very surprised that there's no documents to go equivalent on the BB. eOffice is unusable on the 7100 - you can't see anything it's so damn small. You have to pay $100 a year to view quality attachments with repligo and you can't even edit them.

Anyway, I guess this is a vent, but i assumed with so many BBs out there that application development would be much further along. Anyone else as surprised as I am? Yes - the BB does messaging really well, and i have no intention of going back to the treo with its lack of stability, but i wish there was more software for the BB....