Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
Are you in an area with a poor signal? If so, that can be a MAJOR drain on your battery, even when the phone isn't in use.

Before I moved into my new house, I was able to talk on the phone for a few house, send lots of texts, use the web, facebook, twitter, etc. all day long, and I wouldn't need to plug the phone in until I went to bed. Since moving, my battery can easily go from about 50% to 10% (where it starts beeping and flashing the green LED) in three to four hours without even being touched. I've changed a lot of settings and removed a bunch of apps, but I still have to charge my phone or switch out the battery midday.

There are so many factors that play into battery life, so if you're having problems, it may take a while to figure out the exact cause. :\
Basic thing is : battery life is bad. Which makes the gps useless for us cyclists unfortunatey. I'm currently researching other gps phones with decent battery life.

Why oh why do they not allow complete turn off of the screen after taking a call for example? That would be a huge saving.
Offline   Reply With Quote