View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
treyk1

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default pearl flip deleting past random appointments

Please Login to Remove!

I hope posting to other forums doesn't count as a double post!
I've had no responses at PS or Cberry.
avail. mem shows 33.5mb
keep appointments is set to "forever"
6-26 Again this morning, lost appointments from early last week.

6-24 twice now in the last two weeks...my 8220 deletes past appointments...most of them.
Keep appointments is set to forever...I changed this last week from the 60day setting when the problem was discovered.

bb 8220, v4.6.0.151 (platform 4.1.0.52)
ms office xp (2003 i think)

So this time(Tuesday?) it deleted most of the appointments(regular and reoccurring) from 1week+1day (June 17th) back to may 31st...then deleting only the appointments during the day and leaving the reoccurring early morning appointments( i have a daily reoccurring 6am task list appointment). Fortunately this time I caught it before I syncd with my Outlook...last week I syncd with outlook and discovered my deleted items in the deleted folder.

Other stuff....

I've also noticed a few times recently at home when on UMA, it will drop a call and I notice it switching back and forth...uma, edge

I recently updated fb, don't run a lot of apps at the same time, have a 16 gig mem card, mem shows 28.3 meg application free space.
I use google maps, email, text, calendar and facebook throughout the day.

i did a battery pull last night.
I installed pinstack app last night.

help!please! I'll buy the beer!

EDIT...just for grins I deleted Beamsuite, slifter, wiki. I never/rarely used these.

EDIT...so my workaround at this point is to 1)realize bb has deleted past appointments 2)backup outlook to pst 3)sync and watch past appointments dissappear from bb and outlook 4)goto outlook deleted folder and restore deleted appointments 5)re-sync.

ALSO...sometime in the last day or so there has been at least one item permanently deleted...i cannot find it anywhere...scary...a daily report with billable hours for a job. :(

Last edited by treyk1 : 06-26-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more info
Offline   Reply With Quote