View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
TI_2Diff

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Post Thanks: 0
Default Need BB, Travel Data Plans Question

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a BB for Data only. I already have a cell phone (stuck in a contract) and found it less expensive, for now, to sign up for a BB with a data only plan. I only need this for work - email and IM and occassionally surf.

I travel very frequently to Canada and occassionally to Europe (maybe twice/year). I would like to continue having email IM and web access during those times, 24/7.

I'm very confused on what carrier to use! Do you have any suggestions on a carrier (I'm in the U.S.) and about getting a data plan that will meet my needs? I am aware of international data plans - do you know of a carrier that will allow me to add the international data as needed? (on/off depending on my monthly travel schedule). Also, if I DON'T get a international data plan and I do travel - am I consuming data at an outrageous rate if I'm connected to IM or the web and automatically cking email? I keep hearing horror stories.....

Thanks - I'm quite green when it comes to this, for some reason. I guess I'm paranoid of signing up for a 2 year contract and finding out I didn't think it through enough!

Thanks much!
TI
Offline   Reply With Quote