View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
labeledbass

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Application Memory 0.0MGs... Help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, new to BB Storm, New to the forum. Love the phone so far, upgraded my verizon account from an old LG clam shell. I have noticed from time to time things do get a little slow. I've tried removing apps, changing ringtones and adjusting other options.

This is my questions, why is it sometimes when I got to options\memory my app memory is at 0.0, other times (when I notice the phone is running fast) it may say 27.0, 10.0 ect. I noticed that yes you can "exit" a application and it will still run until you officially close it. I have google maps, a other GPS program among others on there. Do some apps constantly open them selves to gather information? Like for instance, I have a weather app that on the desktop icon displays the current temp HI/LO ect. From experience with desktops PCs I know if you have something constantly running and pulling bandwidth it will slow down the computer - is this the same case? I just love it when it runs fast but from time to time it will slow down, not lock up but slow down and low and behold the app memory states 0.0MGs -

ANY information will be greatly appreciated - I'm still learning on this phone but if you think I could help with any other questions fire away!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Last edited by labeledbass : 07-02-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote