View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
m0urs

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default Newbie question: Does a Blackberry need my requirements?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am currently thinking about buying a Blackberry but I am unsure if it meets my requirements and I would be very happy if someone of the experts here can answer me here. What do I want to do?

I would like to connect my Blackberry to two different (private) e-mail accounts which are capable of POP3/IMAP. This, I think, should not be a problem.

In addition I would like to synchronize my contacts, calendars and todos with my Lotus Notes client (business). I would need to synchronize with my client as my employer does not have a Blackberry environment up and running. As far as I understood, synchronizing calendar and todos with my local files should be possible? But what about my mails? Can I synch them also via my Notes client on my desktop?

If this all would be possible I do have an additional need: I would like to synch my Lotus Notes data not only via USB but via a TCP/IP connection from remote. Currently I am using a Windows Mobile device with the CommonTime mNotes software on my desktop. This software is commnicating with the Windows Mobile device via TCP/IP on a special port which I have opened through my DSL router. So I am able to synch via GPRS from remote with my Desktop just as I would be connected via USB.

So my question is: Would such a scenario be possible with a Blackberry? And if yes, what do I need and whyt else would I need to think about?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Michael
Offline   Reply With Quote