View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatMan View Post
Having a non replaceable battery (by the consumer that is) and not having an SD removable memory card are 2 big downers along with the network it is on.
The battery thing is not relevant to me at all. The battery is going to hold up for as long as you care to keep the phone. You are going to upgrade when your contract is up and the battery in the phone is going to hold up that long or more. You can also have the battery replaced if it were to begin to fail. My iPod Touch lasts as long today as it did when I bought it a year and a half ago. I am recharging my Pearl several times a day. I wouldn't have a problem with doing that with an iPhone.

The SD card slot is just a weak complaint. The iPhone comes in 8, 16 and 32GB sizes. The best that Blackberry can do is 16GB with an SD card that you have to pay for in addition to the device. Once you pay for the card you can't install apps on it so you are stuck with the meager size of the memory that RIM installs for apps and email storage. Please.

I've been a Blackberry user for since January of 2008 and as soon as I can I am moving to an iPhone. I hope to hear that Verizon is getting one and I will wait until March before I jump, but I will go to AT&T to have it. It does more of what I want and where the Pearl overlaps features the iPhone does it better. If that makes me a kid or a fad follower, then so be it.

For what I pay for a device and monthly service I want it to do the things the way that are best for me. Music, movies, videos, camea, storage, browsing, email and on and on and on.
Offline   Reply With Quote