View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
samstersam

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default I had it checked

I had both checked. But if you notice the only choices are delete installed applications and the other is delete data. Applications and data is not what I'm worried about. Its the OS which I believe falls into neither catagory since the option to REMOVE the OS when you first go into loader is greyed out.

I think what we are doing is simply upgrading the OS and not wiping it. I noticed when going to 250 that some screens freeze (receiving call screen, after hanging up etc) for a brief millisecond before going to home screen. Maybe these things are related to the upgrade? I have this weird feeling its like when you upgrade like windows 98 to windows XP without a clean install and you have some junk leftover from the previous OS that slows down performance...i don't know again call me old school.i hate upgrades...

A long time ago when I had my pearl there was something called Java Loader which COMPLETELY wiped a phone on a low level and then you can go to application loader in desktop manager and install the OS.... is that tool still available..?
Offline   Reply With Quote