View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar
Post Thanks: 0

To answer your questions...

-You CAN check emails using wifi at a hotspot... or at home...
-The speaker is quite good, the sound quality also is good, and the speakerphone is better if you change the EQ settings for calls.. (you can improve treble or bass for call quality)
-Im using the latest OS and its the best so far.... when you receive the phone you may check which version brings and see how that works, and if you like you can upgrade.
-The camera is not anything special... my major complain is the lack of color.. but under sunlight condition the pictures are pretty good... Though I use it a lot for picturing papers and i am able to read when zooming in.. so resolution is good enough
-You can put individual ringtones for each contact, at least for many... when editing them
-I really love this phone... there are things I dislike, but nothing is perfect... The 8220 has a nice screen, sturdy feeling (even though is very light)... I love it most for its mp3 playback capabilities (better than other models due to flip phone), The sound quality through the mini-jack is AWSOME...

What I dont like is:

It can be sluggish from time to time... specially if Im listening to music over bluetooth and using other applications.
The keyboard is better than many other phones, and SureType is definitely better than T9 for me... Though most people prefer full qwerty, I have not use it intensively.
The side keys can be hard to press after some time... the photo key and the other convenient key.

I understand you dont need the blackberry messenger functionality and you may be able to have a wifi connection most of the time, but the data plan give you many other functions as well. you should consider at least the smaller data plan.
Offline   Reply With Quote