Thread: Storm 2 Video!!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
SmoothRunnings
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21B694E3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
That is not entirely true. The 8830 runs on international GPRS/GSM networks with a SIM card. The Storm runs on both international and North American GPRS/GSM networks. Notice how you will see 9530 users on AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. The Tour is the same as the Storm 9530.

I would imagine the 9550 would be the same. I haven't seen any specs to confirm this yet.
Well I have tired the Storm from Bell and Telus here in Toronto on my Rogers SIM is it does not work. I have even tried it with my friends SIM from his Storm in my Bold and no signal.

I think it's up to the carriers to purchase the devices that have the correct hardware inside them otherwise you would have people lining up for miles who were on the Rogers GPRS network at the Bell stores (CDMA) who really wanted a Storm.

Also I know that carriers enter in exclusive contracts with RIM when they carry the devices so I am willing to be one of the clauses are the device works on their network only. I use to work for a software company that was a Telus dealer as well so I got to learn the ins and outs of how they do business with RIM.

Last edited by SmoothRunnings : 07-23-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote