View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
USA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0
Default Public Contacts Are Now Missing Addresses (email and snail-mail)

Please Login to Remove!

I've been using my Storm for since December 2008 with a BES syncing my messages and meetings wirelessly and my notes and contacts with the USB cable. The notes and contacts are synced with the cable so that I can also include a public folder for contacts and notes. That way I get to see my contacts and my company's shared contacts (an Exchange 2003 Public Folder). That has worked great until recently.

In the past 3-4 weeks I've noticed something strange. The contacts from the shared public folder no longer have email addresses or snail-mail addresses on the BlackBerry. When I go back to Outlook I see the addresses are still in the contacts.

The timing of this is approximately the same time I changed my OS but I can't be sure that the changed happened exactly when I updated my OS.

I went from Bell Mobility released 4.7.0.122 when it was working to VZW released 4.7.0.148 when it started to hide/delete the addresses from the public folder contacts. I tried upgrading to Iusacell released 4.7.0.151 but that didn't fix the problem.

To try to resolve this I've removed sync to the public folder contacts, synced, and then added the public folder contacts back and resynced. I also tried a security wipe on the Storm with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers-
Offline   Reply With Quote